This is an easy one, and everybody loved it. And it’s cheep.
We had some left over cheddar from the last lunch, and I had a few left over squash, so the cost is low.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe:
- 5 Gallon Stock Pot
- 6 lbs of Brocolli
- 5 lbs Carrots – Shredded
- Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- Veggie stock – very easy to make
- 1 lbs cheddar
Like most good things, this one starts with a roux. Set your pot to medium high heat, get the oil hot. Whisk while sprinkling in flour. Make sure everything is at hand, if you stop stirring, you ruin it. I didn’t want a dark roux for this one, so I just got everything combined and bubbling.
Once the roux is the darkness you like, slowly stir in the veggie stock. Add half of the broccoli and carrots. Let simmer 1 hour, then hit it with the immersion blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender, add the broccoli and carrots at the end. And get an immersion blender.
Stir in cream and cheese. Add remaining broccoli and carrot.
Top with cut up bacon and serve!
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup with real bacon bits
- Bread Rolls
- Angle Cake
- Sopa de queso cheddar con brócoli y trocitos de tocino
- Rollos de pan
- Pastel de ángulo
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Soup will be in slow cooker and hot!
- No onion
- Add bacon bits for anyone who isn’t vegetarian
- Serve room temp.
- Toss in oven for 10 minutes if you like
Dessert – Angle Cake
- Cut to size and serve room temp.